A senior Congress leader was pressing me hard to give diplomatic passport to the Coal Scam accused Santosh Bagrodia.@ANI_news
– Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) July 22, 2015
I will disclose name of the leader on the floor of the House.@imTejasBarot
– Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) July 22, 2015
Santosh Bagrodia, who was minister of state for coal under then prime minister Manmohan Singh in 2008-2009, has been named as an accused in a case linked to the illegal allocation of a coal block in Maharashtra to a private company. He was summoned by a special CBI court on Tuesday.
Sushma Swaraj has said she will respond in Parliament to attacks from the Congress and other opposition parties who have accused her of helping disgraced cricket tycoon Lalit Modi travel abroad last year, at a time his passport had been cancelled by the Indian government.
The Congress made it clear on the opening day of the monsoon session yesterday that there would be relentless disruptions in both houses unless the government removed Sushma Swaraj and Chief Ministers Vasundhara Raje and Shivraj Chouhan for alleged misdemeanors. The government has said no action will be taken against them.
In the Rajya Sabha, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley offered a debate “right now” on Lalit-gate. Besides Ms Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje has been accused of helping Lalit Modi, who lives in London. The Congress’ demand for a discussion has been accepted.
0 comments:
Post a Comment